Saturday 22 September 2012

Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation - Review

Continuing with the Estee Lauder theme I'd like to post my thoughts on the fabulous Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation. I know this has been reviewed many many times in the blogosphere but here's my two cents.



What are the claims?

Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup.

15-hour staying power. Flawless all day.
This worry-free, long-wearing foundation makeup stays fresh and looks natural through heat, humidity, nonstop activity. 
Won't change colour, smudge or come off on clothes. 
Feels lightweight and comfortable.
Now the flawless look you see in the morning is the look you keep all day.



The review

I purchased my Estee Lauder Double Wear from Boots online for £27.50. I cannot rave about this foundation enough, it really is fantastic, and for me worth every penny. I chose 1W1 Bone, which looks quite dark on the swatch I did on my arm but is actually well matched on my face once blended.




It blends really well, easier than the Double Wear Light in my opinion (review to follow). Once applied the make up 'sets' and it really is smudge proof! To apply my foundation I always blob a bit on the back of my hand and apply bit by bit, I found with this foundation I really have to rub the remaining foundation of my hand once I'm finished. This is ideal for me as during the day I've noticed I do touch my face quite a bit, so if you're the type that heads out the door and then forgets your wearing make up, resting your chin on your hand at work etc, then this is the foundation for you! Although the foundation does 'set' on your skin, for me it doesn't feel like mask and I tend to forget I'm wearing it.  

Estee Lauder Double Wear is medium coverage, but for me I'd say it was more at the full coverage end. I actually prefer this as I'm not keen on sheer foundations. I have quite a few acne scars and redness in my skin which this foundation covers perfectly. It's also great for covering any blemishes, once I've applied my foundation base, I'll dab a little of the remaining foundation from the back of my hand on to any blemishes. I find this covers my blemishes all day, usually I would need to touch up any concealing I had done but no need with this. This has left me quite intrigued to try the Double Wear Concealer.

As mentioned in my previous post, I do always set my make up with Estee Lauder Double Wear Powder Foundation, which will obviously assist with the staying power of this foundation, but it really does last all day. I've always struggled to find a foundation that actually meets its lasting power claims, whether its 10 hours or 16, but this foundation absolutely does. When I get in from work my foundation is still all in place, if I'm going out straight after work all I need is a touch up sweep of powder and it's good to go!

So what do you think? Have you tried the Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation? Or the Double Wear Concealer?

No comments:

Post a Comment