Friday 21 September 2012

Estee Lauder Double Wear Powder Foundation - Review

I've been using the Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Powder Foundation (quite a mouthful) for a few months and now feel I know enough about it to post a full review!




I have combination skin, I wouldn't say it was 'Normal/Combination', definitely not Normal! Although what does that mean anyway?! My skin is pale with a rosy tint, and freckles. Overall my skin can be quite dry but still manages to oil up in most foundations by lunchtime, usually with with the foundation gathering around my dry spots...

I purchased this product following its appearance in a Lisa Eldridge video, she was using it to seal her make up for an evening look. I was also on the hunt for a powder or cream compact I could use through the day to touch up my make up but also combat the oiliness I experience come the afternoon.

Estee Lauder Double Wear Powder Founfation in 1N1 Ecru.



So what do Estee Lauder claim this product does?

Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Powder Makeup
8-hour staying power. Flawless all day.

This worry-free powder makeup stays fresh, looks natural and won't change color, even through nonstop activity.

Glides on silky smooth, stays on comfortably, without feeling dry. Oil-absorbing.

For a continuously flawless look, without touch-ups.

Formula Facts

  • Oil-free
  • Dermatologist-tested
  • Non-acnegenic
  • Fragrance-free
  • Photo-friendly
The review

I was colour matched with 1N1 Ecru at the Estee Lauder counter, I was asked if I preferred my foundation to be exactly as my skin colour or warmer/lighter. At the time I said exactly the same as my skintone but on reflection I wish I'd chose the warmer shade. This is a very close match to my skincolour but I do find depending on which foundation I'm using I have to use a little more blusher to 'warm up' my face a little when I've used this product.

The packaging itself is gorgeous, and in my opinion is a nice classy compact to keep in my handbag. The compact comes with a handy large mirror in the lid, and a good quality sponge for application hidden beneath the powder section.

In the first few weeks of using this product I didn't actually get on with it very well. I found it sealed my foundation (which was Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum at the time) well but when it came to using it for touch ups during the day it seemed to cling to my oily bits, whilst managing to dry out my skin at the same time. It just didn't sit well on my skin. I wasn't sure whether I wasn't applying it correctly, although I was using the sponge to apply as directed, it could be this meant I was applying too much product. Ultimately I decided I had to cease using the Double Wear Powder Foundation, as it had considerably dried out my skin.

However! I started using the product again a few weeks back with a few different foundations from my vastly growing collection (I just can't stop buying them!), and have now fell in love with it! I don't think anything seals my make up better for the day. I think it could be to do with me changing my primer (post to follow!) which is preventing some of the oiliness I was trying to combat. I have stopped using the compact to touch up my make up though, I just don't think my skin can handle it so I use a different powder for this job now. I do find though that I don't need as much touching up when I've used this powder to set my make up in the morning.

So there's my review of Estee Lauder's Double Wear Stay-in-place Powder Makeup! And also my first post on Blogger!

What do you think? Have you tried this product?

4 comments:

  1. Nice Review. Ive never tried Estee Lauder foundation but i really like their powder.

    Lorna xxx

    beautyandkittens.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have used estee lauder doublle wear stay in place foundation shade 1N1 ecru and it suited my skin tone.. I live in Pakistan... Now when I want that shade again my friends abroad tell me they can't find it... Can someone help me where I can find that shade in UK or US

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous, unfortunately Estee Lauder changed their color range, so 1N1 Ecru is no longer available. They now have a 1N2 Ecru, but I find it is a bit more peach toned. You may want to be color matched again. I recently saw a few bottles of the old 1N1 Ecru on ebay but they have since disappeared.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How to make a diamond shaped version of a titanium fitness
    The best advice is the best titanium nitride coating service near me tips for making a ford fusion titanium for sale diamond shaped version titanium ore terraria of a titanium fitness. Diamonds are titanium sheet extremely thin, with titanium apple watch a dense core,

    ReplyDelete